Thy Kingdom Come is a global prayer initiative started in 2016 encouraging the church to pray between Ascension Day and Pentecost specifically that more people would come to know Jesus. See here for more details
Obviously we are not able to participate as we might usually do this year, but we’d love you still to be involved in the following ways:
• Pray for 5 – we are encouraging everyone to think of 5 people who don’t yet know Jesus and pray for them each day.
• TKC Daily Prayer – You are invited to join daily TKC zoom prayer between 9am – 9.45am each day on Mon 24th – Sat 30th May. Each day will have a different prayer focus. Details of the ZOOM ID and passwords are on our weekly mailing.
• Prayer Walk – walk and pray around your streets, on the hills, or around a specific area of Malvern declaring God’s blessing on our communities.
• Virtual 24hr Prayer Room: 9am Fri 29th May – 9am Saturday 30th May– We’re going to try our own virtual 24 hour prayer room and would love you to sign up for a slot to commit to praying in your homes for our friends, communities and nation. There is a guide here (use pages 2-4) to how you might use the time to pray: 60-minute-prayer-guides You can start signing up now on our online sign in page here. More than one person can sign up for a slot so just select whatever time you would like to commit to and pray for as long as you would like.
• Families – resources and ideas to help families get involved can be found on the TKC website here
Daily Reflections on prayer by some of the Malvern Church Leaders:
Monday Prayer Changes Us (Rev’d Peter Myres)
Tuesday Unanswered Prayer (Rev’d Gary Crellin)
Wednesday Breathe (Rev’d Nigel Coke-Woods)
Thursday Watching at the Gates (Rev’d Dave Clark)
Friday The Importance of Timing (Rev’d Rod Corke)
Saturday Teach Us to Pray (Rev’d Dan Bennett)
‘Prayer is not the beginning of the work…Prayer is the work’ Oswald Chambers
In light of this, you’re invited to join us, in faith and unity, as we declare ‘..Thy kingdom Come, Thy will be done….on Earth as it is in Heaven…’ in anticipation of Pentecost ..