[Latest update 2nd December 2022]
Attendance Guidelines for St Andrew’s Church Centre
The level of COVID in our community continues to remain low and other infections like flu and respiratory viruses appear to be as much of a risk. Against this background, the PCC have therefore produced this guidance.
Please do not attend St Andrew’s church or church centre if you think that you may have COVID, flu, a bad cold or other viral infection. If you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID or flu please consider if you pose a transmission risk to others and take appropriate precautions, e.g. postponing your visit or wearing a face covering and avoiding crowded spaces.
We continue to keep people as safe as we can whilst imposing the minimum restrictions and are keeping the situation under regular review.
Other key points include:
- Face coverings are not required for any of our services, but we encourage anyone who is concerned to avoid our popular 10:30 Sunday morning service and go to our mid-week or The Six services or watch online instead.
- Try to avoid crowded areas, maintain good ventilation and use outside spaces as much as possible.
Guidelines. We have endeavoured to follow:
- The government guidelines which are available on the Government website by clicking here.
- The Church of England guidance which is available on the Church of England website by clicking here.
- The National Youth Agency guidance which is available on the NYA website by clicking here.
For everyone using the church and church centre:
- Follow the current Government guidance and try to hold your meeting in a safe manner for all.
- Anyone who has attended the building and then develops COVID is encouraged to inform the Church Office immediately so that appropriate action can take place.
- All the normal facilities and rooms at St Andrew’s Church Centre are available for use. However, the organiser / leader for each group should ensure that:
- The rooms are ventilated if possible. Do not prop Fire Doors open. Please try to strike the balance here between ventilating the rooms and retaining heat while the heating is on so as not to damage the environment nor increase heating costs. For the rooms in the new build with roof vents, please ensure that these are fully closed before you leave.
- Rooms are not too full so that some distancing can be observed if individuals feel that this is something they would like.
- Minimise the use of shared items, or where this is not possible, ensure that common items are sanitised / cleaned between uses.
- People should avoid congregating in crowded communal areas like the foyer, corridor and toilets.
- We would encourage groups using the church centre to carry out their own risk assessment and to ensure that all attending know what is expected of them.
- For church services such as communion where there is closer contact, we encourage those serving to consider whether wearing a face covering is appropriate and to serve communion by intinction.
We will be regularly reviewing these arrangements and update them as appropriate.
Meanwhile thank you for your co-operation in helping to ensure that we all remain safe while using the facilities at St Andrew’s.