Developing new Rhythms of being with God
During this Coronavirus pandemic, maintaining our own daily rhythms of prayer, reading scripture and simply ‘being with’ God are more important than ever to sustain our faith and give us comfort and strength in the days ahead. Whether you are in regular rhythms with God in ‘normal life’ or not, this is a great opportunity to find rhythms that work for you. Of course, we seek to ‘walk with God’ through every moment of every day, and we can be assured of his presence with us at all times, but it is also useful to have times where we can specifically stop and ‘find rest in God.’ (Psalm 62:5).
Here are some suggestions of ways you can do that – find what works for you – and enjoy being with God.
We’ve been encouraging people to pray at noon throughout the Coronavirus crisis and now cases are rising again nationally you might like to use the noon day prayer we used at the start of lockdown here: Noon prayer at the time of cornavirus. The other ‘noonday prayer’ sheet we have used can be accessed here: Prayer_at_Noon_Breakout
Morning and Evening Prayer
There are a variety of different morning, evening and daily prayers on offer. Try different ones and see what works for you:
- The Church of England Daily prayer can be found here: coronavirus daily prayers and other prayers in booklet form, on an app which you can access here or online here
- Lectio365 – Many of our congregation have found this resource form Pete Greig a the 24/7 Prayer movement really helpful. You can download it here
- Ffald-y-Brenin daily prayer can now be accessed here: Ffald-y-Brenin Rhythm-of-Daily-Prayer
- Community of St Chad’s Daily Prayer can be accessed as an audio recording here
- Night prayer: a video of Paul Hunt’s night prayer can be viewed here
- You Version Bible App has many different devotional plans you can follow. Download it here
- Bible in a Year from Nicky Gumbel can be accessed here
- Pray as you go has daily podcasts from with scripture, prayer, music and reflection. These can be accessed here
- Lectionary Bible Readings – follow the pattern of readings that thousands around the world will be following each day. Access our own guide here: Lectionary for the period Dec2020-Feb2021
Night Prayer: A video of our very own Paul Hunt leading us in night prayer from his conservatory can be viewed here